- We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information to enable us to meet legal obligations and for a range of internal OSS Australia purposes. These include:
- for students, to administer your admission, enrolment, academic progress, academic integrity, discipline, graduation, accommodation, access to OSS Australia facilities and services, library loans, fees, visa, immigration, taxation and financial support purposes, and in relation to graduates, for alumni activities;
- for employees, visitors and sub-contractors, to administer pay, entitlements, performance, research funding applications, access to OSS Australia facilities and services, visa, immigration and taxation purposes, and in relation to work health and safety, or rehabilitation and compensation matters.
- We may also collect, use or disclose personal information in situations where it may be impracticable to obtain your consent or give you prior notice, if we reasonably believe it is necessary to do so, such as:
- to lessen or prevent a serious threat to life, health or safety;
- when we are required or authorised to do so by or under a law;
- to take appropriate action in relation to suspected unlawful activity or serious misconduct;
- to assist authorities to locate a person reported as missing;
- establishing or defending a legal or equitable claim, or participating in a confidential dispute resolution process; or
- for enforcement related activities conducted by, or on behalf of, an enforcement body.
Collection of personal information
- OSS Australia collects a wide range of personal information in the course of its operations, for purposes that are directly related to its core functions or activities. OSS Australia may collect personal information about you:
- because we need it to provide a service you have requested – such as providing you with information about applying to institutions for education or employment purposes;
- because you have provided it to us – by applying for admission, enrolling in courses, participating in mobility or exchange programs, applying for a position as an employee, participating in or commenting on online forums, registering to attend an event, asking us a question or making a complaint;
- because of your previous relationship with OSS Australia – through our alumni relations and philanthropy activities;
- because we are required by law to collect it – for example because of immigration laws.
- At all times we aim to collect only the information we need for the particular function or activity we are carrying out. We may not be able to provide the assistance or services you seek if you do not provide us with personal information when we request it.